What is a Clean Energy Community? A county, city, township, tribal nation, school district, or any place you call home that is dedicated to promoting, supporting, and being active in producing clean energy.
What you'll find at the exhibit:
• Displays that describe GreenStep, Clean Energy Community Award, and Climate Smart Communities, including maps, descriptions, and ways to join.
• Postcards for fairgoers to take home that promote a variety of Clean Energy Community organizations, including GreenStep Cities, Climate Smart Municipalities, and Minnesota Clean Energy Communities.
• A display featuring the recent Minnesota Clean Energy Community Award recipients.
• An interactive display, “Actions in Your Community,” that will allow fair attendees to vote on actions their community has already taken and actions they would support.
This year's community host lineup:
• Aug. 23 – Climate Smart Municipalities (Duluth, Warren, Morris, Elk River, Rochester)
• Aug. 24 – Maplewood
• Aug. 25 – Warren
• Aug. 26 – Climate Smart Municipalities (Duluth, Warren, Morris, Elk River, Rochester)
• Aug. 27 – Falcon Heights
• Aug. 28 – Rural Climate Dialogues (Itasca, Winona, and Stevens counties)
• Aug. 29 – General Overview
• Aug. 30 – Edina
• Aug. 31 – General Overview
• Sept. 1 – Hutchinson
• Sept. 2 – General Overview
• Sept. 3 – General Overview
See you at the Great Minnesota Get-Together!
Photo and post by Kristin Mroz