We've got a couple of words of hearty thanks to give as we near the end of an unprecedented election season. Please take just a moment of rest to read and share these words with your colleagues, preferably with a treat and warm mug in hand.
To Minnesota's election administrators, election judges, and support staff: Thank you!
Thank you for all your work planning, preparing, pivoting, re-planning, and then executing this massive undertaking with integrity. During a pandemic. Under a microscope.
- Implementing special procedures and cleaning to reduce the risk.
- Educating voters about in-person, absentee, and early voting options.
- Processing and accepting 1,909,277 absentee and mail ballots.
- Recruiting and coordinating over 30,000 election judges.
- Urgently and successfully communicating last-minute changes.
- Smizing (smiling w/your eyes) while wearing a mask and assisting voters at polling places!
You made it possible for more than 3.2 million Minnesotans to vote safely and securely. This work was done precinct by precinct, person by person. The amazing turnout is a testament to the faith that Minnesotans have in our state’s election infrastructure, and the most important part of that infrastructure is people like you!
With gratitude in our hearts,