|This quill is much cooler than a shark fin. |
Image courtesy International Institute of Municipal Clerks
LMC's top five reasons why Municipal Clerks Week is better than Shark Week:
- Clerks are vital to our elections, i.e. democracy. Sharks are definitely not.
- Clerks keep our local governments operating on the right side of data practices and open meeting law to ensure legal compliance. Sharks don't seem to care about legal compliance.
- Clerks take care of a wide range of business ranging from management of city finances to human resources-related decisions. Sharks mostly swim and eat things, which is cool, but not as cool.
- Clerks are patient and knowledgeable when helping the public. Sharks lack the necessary customer service skills.
- While you have to wait 70+ more days for Shark Week, Municipal Clerks Week is happening now.
Thank you, clerks, for all that you do!